Gather Sewing Retreats
At Airth Castle Spa Hotel, in Central Scotland.
We'd love you to join us for the Gather Summer Sewing Retreat at the luxurious Airth Castle Spa Hotel. Along with Victoria Nutt, I'll be on hand throughout to guide you through your chosen projects for two full days of sewing, chat, and lots of laughs.
Including: Arrival pastries, buffet lunch, three course dinner menu, and on day two, breakfast and afternoon tea. Plus tea, coffee and shortbread throughout and a goody bag full of sewing gifts.
The Sewing room looks out on to the hotel courtyard and has a private patio area.
CLICK HERE for ticket info
Day 1: Arrive for 9.30am for tea, coffee and pastries. Sewing from 10.30am -12.30pm including a mini masterclass from Jen. Following a buffet lunch in the Grill Room we will head back to the sewing room for our afternoon session.
A full three course dinner menu and drinks will be served from 7pm giving you time to enjoy the fabulous spa facilities beforehand.
Day 2: After breakfast on day 2 we will head back to the sewing room where Victoria will run today's mini masterclass.
Afternoon tea will be served in the conservatory at 1pm followed by our final sewing session, departing at 4.30pm.
£475 per person
What you need to bring:
Your sewing project(s), including any patterns, fabric etc
Overlockers will be available and if you can't bring your own sewing machine, you can hire one for a small charge.
About Victoria and me:
Vic and I have run many workshops together as well as each having our own successful small sewing businesses.
I designs and sell my unique range of Jenerates sewing tools and notions all over the world (you might recognise me from the Great British Sewing Bee, Series 5 semi finalist). Victoria has several years' experience as a dressmaking tutor and owns Little Rosy Cheeks selling inspiring sewing labels, with children's sewing patterns coming soon.
Airth Castle is a spectacular spa hotel in Stirlingshire, central Scotland, within easy reach of both Edinburgh and Glasgow airports. The pool and spa facilities are excellent - if you want to add on an extra night please let the hotel know you're coming to the retreat for their best rates.
The retreat will take place entirely on the ground floor. Bedrooms with fully accessible bathrooms are available on request.
Terms & Conditions:
1. Buying a ticket on Eventbrite covers your deposit for the retreat and secures your place
2. The total price of the retreat is £475 to include all food, overnight stay (single-occupancy room), welcome drinks before dinner, use of the hotel’s regular guest facilities including the spa, use of the sewing room plus the tutors’ time and expertise. You can read more about the hotel here.
3. The balance of £280 will be due by 4 weeks before the event at the latest. We’ll email you an invoice.
4. We will have exclusive use of the sewing room for the duration of the event so your sewing projects don’t need to be packed up overnight
5. We’re restricting the number of tickets to 10 to make sure you have plenty of space and time with the tutors. This retreat is aimed at garment makers with all levels of experience, except absolute beginners (Follow us for classes for newbies!).
6. The organisers unconditionally reserve the right to cancel the event due to insufficient ticket sales or if the event cannot proceed for any other reason. Such cancellation will take place at least 4 weeks before the scheduled start of the event and full refunds will be issued to all ticket holders.
7. We hope you don’t have to cancel, but if you do:-
• Cancel more than 4 weeks before the event for a full refund less £35 admin fee
• No refunds for cancellation less than 4 weeks before the event but we will do our very best to re-sell your space, in which case we’ll be able to give you a full refund less £35 admin fee. Alternatively we’re happy for you to transfer your place to a friend.
• If you get Covid and can’t make it, contact us and we’ll find the best solution for everyone.
If you have any questions at all please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org